6th DAN to 7th DAN
The word "Hansu" means water is the source of substance preserving the life and growing all the creatures. Hansu symbolizes birth of a life and growth, strength & weakness, magnanimity & harmony, and adaptability. Especially, "han" has the various meanings, namely, the name of a country, numerousness, largeness, evenness, length and even the heaven and the root of evening, among others. Above all, the above significances, is the background of organizing this poomsae.
The new techniques introduced in this poomsae are son-nal-deung-momtong-hecho-makki, me-jumeok-yang-yopkuri[both flanks]-chigi, kodureo-khaljaebi, an-palmok-arae- pyojeok-makki, son-nal-keumgang-makki, etc., and also modum-bal as a stance.
Actions should be practiced softly like water but continuously like a drop of water gathering to make an ocean. The poomsae line symbolizes the Chinese letter that means water.
Movements - 33
READY STANCE: Attention stance toward -B- with open hands at belt level, left on top of right.
1. Advance left foot into a left FRONT STANCE toward -B- and execute a palm inward knifehand wedge block.
2. Advance right foot into a right FRONT STANCE toward -B- and execute an inward double hammerfist strike to the ribs.
3. Step to -A- with the right foot into a rear-leaning right FRONT STANCE, looking to -B- and execute a left low block to -B- and a right in-to-out block.
4. Shift to -B- into a left FRONT STANCE and execute a right middle reverse punch.
5. Move the left foot to -A- into a rear-leaning left FRONT STANCE, looking to -B- and execute a right low block to -B- and a left in-to-out block.
6. Shift to -B- into a right FRONT STANCE and execute a left middle reverse punch.
7. Bring the right foot to -A- into a rear-leaning right FRONT STANCE, looking to -B- and execute a left low block to -B- and a right in-to-out block.
8. Shift to -B- into a left FRONT STANCE and execute a right middle reverse punch.
9. Advance the right foot into a right FRONT STANCE toward -B- and execute a palm inward wedge block.
10. Pivot on right foot and turn counter-clockwise toward -CF- into a left FRONT STANCE and execute a left tiger mouth strike to -CF-. The open right hand is positioned palm downward under the left upper arm.
11. Step forward to -CF- with the right foot into a feet together BENT KNEE STANCE and execute a double fist uppercut to -CF-.
12. Step right foot forward into a HORSE STANCE toward -C- and execute a right low block augmented by the left palm at the right wrist-top.
13. Move the right foot clockwise into a right BACK STANCE facing -CF- and execute a knifehand diamond mountain block.
14. Pivot on the right foot counter-clockwise to -C- into a right CRANE STANCE pulling both fists to the right hip.
15 & 16.
Execute a left sidethrust kick to -C-, and lower the left foot to -C- into a left FRONT STANCE while executing an left open hand face block and right palm-up knifehand strike to neck level toward -C-.
17 & 18.
Keeping the hands in place, execute a right front snap kick and jump forward to -C- into a left X-STANCE with a right backfist to the face level. Left fist is at the left hip. YELL!!
19. Move the left foot to -D- into a HORSE STANCE facing -E- and execute a left palm-down knifehand strike to -D-.
20 & 21.
Execute a right outside crescent kick to the right palm, then pivot on left foot to assume a HORSE STANCE facing -F- and execute a right elbow smash to -F-.
22. Assume a right FRONT STANCE to -D-and execute a right tiger mouth strike to -D-. The left open hand is under the right upper arm.
23. Bring the left foot to the right with feet together into a BENT KNEE STANCE and execute a double uppercut to -D-.
24. Move the right foot back toward -DC- into a HORSE STANCE facing -DE- and execute a left low block augmented by the right open palm at the left wrist-top.
25. Shift the left foot to -C- into a left BACK STANCE facing -D- and execute a knifehand diamond mountain block.
26. Pivot on the left foot clockwise to face -E- into a left CRANE STANCE while bringing both fists to the left hip.
27 & 28.
Execute a right sidethrust kick to -E-, then assume a right FRONT STANCE to -ED- and execute a right open hand face block and a left palm-up knifehand strike to neck level.
29 & 30.
Execute a left front snap kick to -E-, keeping the hands as they were, jumping toward -E- into a left X-STANCE with a left backfist strike to face level at -E-.
31. Move the right foot to -EF- into a HORSE STANCE and execute a palm-down knifehand strike to -F-.
32 & 33.
Execute a left outside crescent kick to the right palm, pivot on right foot clockwise into a HORSE STANCE facing -FB- and execute a left elbow smash to -FB-.
BRING RIGHT FOOT TO LEFT FOOT, BACK TO READY POSTURE